The best advantage with Irish education is that it’s twice the value at half the cost. Also, Ireland can be your gateway to Europe. Ireland has a very strong education tradition, and the Irish are by nature very strong, dynamic people. Although a small population, the Irish are spread all over the world and have carried their strong family values with them. The education system is similar to that of Britain. Contrary to popular belief, Ireland has been an outsourcing hub for the USA for quite a few years.
Ireland’s appeal is not limited to its established institutions and multiculturalism. People travel from all across the UK to be a part of the buzzing nightlife at the many pubs and bars in Dublin as well as other major cities of Ireland. Golfers paradise, one can take part in a variety of water sports as well. All this in a backdrop of festivals such as the Jazz festival, Re Joyce Festival, National hunt, Spring festival, and so on throughout the year make Ireland a fun and exciting place to be.
Ireland is an increasingly popular destination for students from all over the world. Ireland, at present, has the highest economic growth rate in EU. In recent years Ireland has become a global centre for the banking, telecommunications, and pharmaceutical and software industries. The combination of state of the art telecommunications infrastructure, a quality of life that is second to none and a well-educated workplace has attracted many international companies to make Ireland the headquarters of their European operations. Much of Ireland’s recent economic success can be attributed to the educational system.
Ireland at the start of the 21st Century is an exciting place to be. The country is poised to benefit from the advantages of the digital revolution, yet proud and protective of its ancient culture. Richness of culture, breathtaking scenery, and friendly people make it an ideal study destination.
Ireland has one of the best education systems in Europe (2004 IMD World Competitiveness Report) with a history rich in tradition and learning.
- The quality of the Irish education system is a major contributing factor to the rapid rate of economic growth Ireland has experienced over the last few decades.
- Irish higher education institutions are widely recognised for excellence in many disciplines.
- Ireland is recognised as an international location for high quality scientific research.
- Ireland is an English speaking country. Some of the great writers in English literature have come from Ireland. These include Jonathan Swift, James Joyce, William Butler Yeats, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw and Samuel Beckett.
- Ireland is beautiful – much of the countryside remains unspoilt providing an excellent natural habitat for a flourishing flora and fauna. Ireland’s landscape provides a rich environment for the many outdoor leisure pursuits for which it is famous. Watersports, hill walking, rocking climbing and caving are just a few of the many activities which can be enjoyed when taking a break from study.
- Irish people are among the most enriching reasons to study in Ireland. Irish people are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality which greatly contributes to the ease with which overseas students adapt to student life in Ireland.
- Ireland has a young vibrant population, with 40% of the population under the age of 25, Ireland is one of the most exciting places in the world to be a student.
- Ireland has a rich cultural heritage with its own distinctive language (Gaelic) music, culture and sports.
- Ireland is a dynamic, lively and modern country.
- Ireland is a safe country to study in.
- Ireland is a highly developed democracy with a modern economy. The Irish economy is particularly strong in the areas of software development, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and international services.
- The number of international students visiting Ireland is increasing each year, students from all over the world are taking advantage of the higher education standard in Ireland coupled with the unique cultural experience.
Apart from that, Switzerland is an excellent location for living, studying, and working. It is located in the heart of Europe and its cultural variety, beautiful landscape, and innovative environment offer first-class surroundings both for your well-being and career advancement. Certainly, chocolate and mountains will be part of your experience, but you will quickly discover the country’s international setting offers numerous premium opportunities for studying and researching.
The Republic of Ireland is a small independent nation situated on the West Coast of Europe, with a population of under four million people. Although they do have their own distinctive Celtic language and culture, English is the predominant language spoken in Ireland today. Irish people are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality. The Island of Ireland, including Northern Ireland which is administered by the United Kingdom, has the population of five million. Because of its size, travel within Ireland is relatively easy. The United Kingdom and other parts of Europe are also easily accessible by both air and sea. The capital of Ireland is Dublin. As the gateway of Europe, this modern nation whose vibrant Celtic origin continues to regulate the pulse of the country, offers a truly rewarding experience for the visiting student.
Dublin, Cork, Waterford, Galway, Limerick and Belfast.
Total: 70,280 sq km
land: 68,890 sq km
water: 1,390 sq km
Irish, English, Ulster Scots, Shelta
Roman Catholicism (majority), Presbyterianism, Anglicanism, Methodism, Secular
Ireland is a small, modern, trade-dependent economy Agriculture, once the most important sector, is now dwarfed by industry and services. Although the exports sector, dominated by foreign multinationals, remains a key component of Ireland’s economy, construction has most recently fueled economic growth along with strong consumer spending and business investment.
The official currency of Ireland is Euro £, or IR£.
Dublin 4 hrs 30 min behind IST.
The Canadian dollar, denoted by CAD or C¢, is the official currency of Canada. One hundred cents (¢) add up to one Canadian dollar.
Temperate maritime; modified by North Atlantic Current; mild winters, cool summers; consistently humid; overcast about half the time.